Based on the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Republic of Azerbaijan No. 151 – 2.2.1. of May 26, 2021, and following these rules, I oblige by this order all ministers and workers of the Apostolic Prefecture (AP) to consistently and strictly observe preventive measures against the spread of coronavirus in all AP objects provided for pastoral ministry. Namely:
1. Employees and ministers of the AP are obliged to always use protective masks when in contact with parishioners and with everyone who is inside the church and other objects. It is necessary to maintain a social distance when communicating with people, as well as to ensure a social distance between people (1.5 meters from all sides) who are in the church and other objects. Hand disinfection must be used.
2. Parishioners and all who are visiting the church and the other objects of the AP, are required to use protective masks, observe the social distance specified in paragraph 1, and do disinfection of hands.
3. When entering the church or the chapel, it is necessary to measure the temperature of all visitors.
4. Public liturgic celebrations are allowed only if the room is not more than 50% full, in the presence of no more than fifty people.
5. Only those persons who have a Certificate of Vaccination or a Certificate of Immunity (Covid passport) can participate in public liturgical celebrations.
6. The Holy Communion can be given to the faithful only on hand.
7. It is necessary to ensure the physical presence of the controlling person in the church when it is open to the public.
8. Parish priests and the directors of the communities are responsible for the observance of all these rules.
9. This decree comes into force from the moment of its signing and remains in force until it is canceled by a special decree.
Mons. Vladimir Fekete SDB, Apostolic Prefect of the Catholic Church in Azerbaijan
Baku, June 10, 2021
Prot. No. 39/AP/2021